الأحد، 9 فبراير 2014

Mad Woman



Poetry of Suad  Al-Sabah

Mad Woman

I am quite mad and you are wholly sane
From the mind's paradise I've sought to flee
You are all wise, yours are the summer months
So leave the winter's changing face for me.

I'm sick with love and I'm past any cure
Oppressed in body, that is woman's plight
My nerves are taut and should you only whisper
Into the empty air I would take flight.

I'm like small fish lost in the great ocean
When will you lift the siege ? You've hidden away
The key to unlock my house in your own pocket
And enter my life's details day by day.

O love, my passion whirls me dizzily
Gather my scattered soul whose fragments fly
For you are standing at the frozen pole
And I beneath an equatorial sky.

O love, I stand against the ten commandments
History behind is only blood and sand
To love I owe allegiance. Lemon trees
Within your breast my only native land.






                                                          You Alone

                                                          You alone . . . control my history
                                                          And write your name on the first page
                                                          And on the third, and on the tenth,
                                                          And on the last.
                                                          You alone are allowed to sport with my days
                                                          From the first century of my birth
                                                          To the twenty-first century after love.
                                                          You alone can add to my days what you wish
                                                          And delete what you wish
                                                          My whole history flows from the palms of your hands
                                                          And pours into your palms.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق